But moving on to what's required of a recipient (can you tell I've never in my life received an award, for anything? I'd probably be one of the most pathetic Oscar speeches in history, I mean Sandra Bullock ain't got nothing on me when it comes to babbling incoherently!), I am required to say 7 things about myself (hopefully not too personal because we all know that's never going to happen in this space) and then pass it on to another 7 bloggers that I think are super cool.
So here they go:
1) I cannot watch a film at home from beginning to end without fidgeting around the apartment, picking up my laptop to check stuff online, texting, eating an apple, paying some bills online etc. That does not say anything about how good or bad a movie is, because I do it even during the best ones, but just about my restlessness. Point in case: Guru Dutt's "Mr and Mrs 55", which by the way I am enjoying tremendously, is currently paused at minute 55:00 as I am writing this. Ha! I swear the 55 is pure coincidence!
2) For the past few years I have done 95% of all my reading on the subway. At home there's always something else to do, and the subway surprisingly turned out to be the space most free of distractions. Go figure!
3) Most of my friends in real life don't really know that I have a blog. It just never comes up in conversation. Just as well, because those that do know never read it. Absolutely no hard feelings about it, just an observation.
4) I am slightly obsessed with bangles. Yeah, ok, that's probably not news to anyone around here as I waste no opportunity to post some or talk about them, but there you have it: it's an addiction. People used to notice it in the office in the beginning and make comments about the sound, but I think by now it's background noise for everyone. I still love the sound they make though, could not live without it. I was actually obsessed with them before I even knew they existed: kept searching for all kinds of wrist adornments that would make jingly sounds and that would look striking. When I started watching Indian films and discovered that such a thing did actually exist, there was no turning back.
|This is also my laptop background, if anyone cares|
5) I sing all the time. I'm not a particularly good singer, though I was in a choir at some point in my life, and the teacher was very strict, so I suppose I would have been kicked out if I was no good, but I'm no Sunidhi Chauhan, no depth in my voice. Regardless, I still sing along to every single tune I know if it's playing on the radio and if there is no music playing, I start going through my repertoire. In fact my first thought when I'm bored is: let's see, what can I sing? When I have a cold and can't sing, I get depressed.
6) I never cry at movies. Nope, never. Ok, my eyes may have welled up once or twice in my entire life (like when I first saw Kramer vs Kramer), and I sometimes get the old lump in the throat (say, at the end of Rang De Basanti or Raincoat), but usually the more tear-jerking the scene is, the more I roll my eyes. Guess I'm just not a romantic in the classic sense of the word.
7) Oh thank God, last one! Oh here's one that most people reading this won't know: I wear glasses. Started out of necessity, but I didn't need to wear them all the time, just for distance, so basically when outside. Then I kind of started wearing them all the time because I was too lazy to take them off. Now I actually think something is missing from my face if I am not wearing them, unless I take the time to put on make-up, which only happens on the weekends, or if I'm on vacation and taking pictures. The rest of the time my glasses seem to be a great substitute for make-up. It helps that they are really funky in shape and colour.
|And I will gladly promote them, love this brand!|
Whew! Now that the hard part is done and my privacy is still intact, on to the good stuff: who do I pass this on to? Actually that's not so easy because I am not even entirely sure there are 7 bloggers who are active that read me. So let's start with the easy ones and see if the list comes to seven.
The Bollywood Fan - the first blog I ever got hooked to
Nicki at Hmong Chick Who Loves Indian Cinema - who is also a great friend
The lovely ladies at Cinema Chaat - I share so many tastes with these ladies, and they never fail to entertain me
Trishie at whatever name she uses for her blog these days - because she takes the sexiest pictures ever
Swati at The Weekend Epicurean - I hate cooking, but it's so much fun reading her regardless
Liz at My Year of Prakash Raj - because she's hilarious
And even though I have a couple more that I wish I could include, not just from my blog roll, but other bloggers that are super cool even when they're not talking about movies, the last spot goes to a blog that I really hope to see back in full swing soon:
Yes, you know who you are, Tollywood Is My Bollywood, three posts in 3 months just won't cut it for much longer!
Well, here's hoping all these people still read my blog now and again and that receiving this award will put a smile on their face as it did on mine!